Mere physical presence does not suffice in today’s world as far as your awareness is considered. What makes you stand out from a crowd is your presence on the social media. How well you are portraying yourself, how active you are, how much updated information you have, all of these form your entire personality in today’s media crazy era. We have become, what can be called as, media fanatics. We are always super excited to share anything and everything on the social media. But the content that attracts most followers is the one that makes leaders out of these fanatics.
To get followers for ourselves, we need to delve into the depths of our understanding regarding what would make us follow a particular person or on the contrary, what would make us unfollow them. Are we attracted to the content, the personality of the presenter or just to the fact of him/her being already popular amongst the masses? You need to ask yourself, Is the content you are following relevant to you? Or is it going to help you in your profession? Are they having contests and giveaways? Most of these factors play a vital role in deciding if you want to follow someone or not. Now here we’ll look into this aspect of content relevancy for blogs regarding the number of followers generated or the rise in popularity of a particular social person.
Here’s looking at some of the most craved content types,
- Inspirational – content should inspire people in a positive way with regards to the action they need to take in order to be beneficial for your website. It should encourage people to get out there and invoke the desired sentiment in the audience.
- Attractive taglines or quotes – this involves real effort on part of the content creators as you need to sum the whole image of the brand or company, in this case, you and your views, in just a few words. It should be inspiring in such a way that it is agreed upon by each and every person associated with the company. It should be sincere along with being catchy.
- Storytelling – if you convey your idea with the help of a story, it is going to be remembered for a really long time. Relatable stories are a definite advantage over boring content. They are better retained by users for a long time.
- Multimedia – giving your content that visual treat is the best way to get people to remember your content for long. Make highly interactive videos, graphics, quizzes etc. to indulge people and encourage them to come back to your page.
- Effective and eye catching title – the first impression is the last impression, as they say, so the first thing that a viewer looks at is the title. A catchy title arouses curiosity and thus, a kind of intrigue on part of the viewers.
- Emotional connection – It has been noticed that script is the most integral part of any marketing strategy. Without a strong, connecting script at its core, the campaign might lack lustre. Striking that chord with the audience is the most sought after aspect in the marketing industry. Business persons have begun to capitalise on this fact and here we have a slew of companies trying to establish that emotional connect with the viewers. Now companies invest in long haul ideas instead of short haul ideas. They want to make it a memorable experience for the customer not a momentary thing. Same goes with blogging, you need to address people at the grassroot level, be it any kind of social class. Your content might be specific but you need to incorporate this factor if you want to grow your audience base.
- Educational – the content should be informative regarding essential features of a company or product, in this case, your views, your ideas or whatever topic you are blogging about. The right amount of data serves a lot of help to the clients.
- Images – the main reason behind the popularity of Instagram. Images provide a visual treat. People can imagine a whole story or the whole idea or gesture behind an image. This proves the saying right, ‘a picture is worth a thousand words’. Make sure your blog is quite graphic and provides a visual treat to your audience.
- A little bit of introspection – just examine what you are doing on your social media profile, why you are doing? What can be its long term benefits? Are you providing quality content for your viewers? So, creating more content or posts is not essential rather creating fantabulous content is. People would prefer your journey, your hardships and success stories. These serve as memorable content and allows you to have a personal connect with your viewers.
So go ahead educate, inform and inspire your audience with high quality content. When you add value and contribute to the lives of others, in turn, it enhances your life and your business